A collection of home-grown recipes from my little kitchen to yours - mostly sweet, but some savory. Really whatever I've been mixing up...between family time, dirty diapers, tantrums, and cuddles...

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Unexpected beginnings...

I love a lot of things: my husband, my family, my job as a nurse, my crazy-insane-but-really-cute puppy, spending time outdoors, getting together with friends.......but a huge one is......baking! I could have the most stressful day and when it comes down to it, baking sounds like the best thing to do. I don't know why I am wired the way I am, but baking relieves the tension that builds with doing errands or dealing with a crazy puppy or coming home from a sad and high-stress day of work at the hospital. Something about taking ingredients that taste awful by themselves (well, except sugar!.....and maybe butter - hehe), and making something wonderfully tasty, is just so appealing.



Anyhoo, I guess that's what's brought me to this blog. Personally, I've never been a fan of blogs. I've never thought I was witty enough, crafty enough, original enough, or (insert any word) enough, but I've come to realize that.....who cares! I am amazed that some people look at the things I bake and are like..."dude, I could never do this." And I just want to say, "dude, you totally can!" Hence, the blog! With a way way...w a y...future goal of opening up my own bakery, I thought this may be a fun place to start with made-up and family recipes to share. So here goes!

1 comment:

  1. awesomeness!!! do you know Bakerella? she has a pretty cool blog that you should check out.

    ReplyDelete